Simple and easy ! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
– 2 pounds and half of “RUSSET POTATOES“
– 3 beaten eggs
– 1 white onion
– 1 TSP of sea salt
– 1/2 cup of potato starch
– Canola oil
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. Make sure to peel and grate the potatoes and onion and put in a strainer as they would be very watery. Allow them rest about 10 minutes. You’d best ring them out in a paper towel in case you are in a hurry. Don;t worry if they’re still watery. I missed this phase altogether a couple of times, especially when I was in a big hurry.
2. Move the mixture of potatoes and onions in a tub and add in the salt and beaten eggs. And please mix it in while using the potato starch.
3. Heat a skillet with canola oil, about half cup. Then take a mixing scoop and shape a small disk, approx 3 inches in diameter, and flatten it. Plop 3/4 of the pancakes into the oil at a time.
4. Cook for a few minutes, until golden brown and then flip it to cook on the other side, about 3 minutes on each hand. Remember to continue until the mixture is all out. You may need to add a little more oil in between batches.
5. Once finished, remove the pancakes from the skillet and let them dry on a baking sheet lined with a paper towel to help drain some of the oil. Make sure to serve warm or enjoy plain with applesauce!