Sweet coconut surrounded by a delicious creamy custard and topped with homemade whipped cream.
Simple and easy ! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
– 1 c milk
– 1 c of coconut, sweetened, flaked
– 1 c of light cream
– 1/2 c of sugar
– 2 Tbsp of corn starch
– 2 large eggs, separated
– 1 tsp of vanilla
– 1 pie of crust.
– 8 oz of swhipped cream
1. Make sure to bake pie crust according to directions on package and cool completely.
2. In a double boiler, place milk and light cream then add sugar and bring to a boil.
3. Add 2 Tbsp. of cold water to corn starch and stir well.
4. Pick a bowl and beat in egg yolks until they are light. Immediately add the corn starch mixture to the yolks and mix well.
5. Then you can add egg mixture to the milk mixture in the double boiler.
6. Now please cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Once done, remove from heat and add vanilla and coconut and stir. Allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
8. Afterwards, pour into prepared crust. Using plastic wrap, cover then chill until set, about 30 minutes.
9. Finally, remove plastic wrap and cover with whipped cream