I love those recipes that we all grew up with, they are just too good to miss out on.
The most delightful bite-size, crisp, melt in the mouth cookies are lemon curd cookies filled with a spoonful of thick, silky, tangy, sweet lemon curd.
2+1/2 C.Of all-purpose flour
1 C. Of softened unsalted butter.
1 C.Of Lemon Curd.
1/2 C.Of granulated white sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 Tb.Of grated lemon-zest
1 fresh lemon juice
1/2 t.Of salt
• Step 1-Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two plates with parchment or non-stick liners baking sheets.
• Step 2-In a big bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter and sugar until well mixed.
• Step 3-Add the yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt to the mixture. And beat again for 2 minutes.
• Step 4-Just until moist clumps form beat in the flour. To bind, gather the dough together in a bowl.
• Step 5-Using 1-inch balls to form meager teaspoons of dough.
Place balls spaced 1 inch apart on prepared plates.
• Step 6-Using a floured finger or something that will give a nice circular shape and make an indentation in the middle of the balls.
• Step 7-Bake the cookies until the bottom is firm and softly brown, around 20 minutes.
• Step 8-Remove the cookies from the oven and fill the indentations with curd immediately.
• Step 9-To set the curd, return to the oven and bake for another 2 minutes.
Bake the leftover balls.
• Step 10- for serving, gently sprinkle edges with confectioners’ sugar.